Saturday, April 5, 2014

San Francisco 2014. Day 3.



This was a more laid back day. We were relieved of the grueling tour bus schedule and left to our own devices. We were giddy. So off we went walking in search of a nice place for breakfast.

56

We passed (which we later rode on) what I call the cable car. Somehow, they also called, what I referred to as a trolley, cable cars. As you can plainly see, the car (actually more like a bus, but I didn't want to get too fussy), is connected to an overhead cable. Ok. I guess it had some connection to a rail in the middle of the 'track'. At any rate...I'm calling these cable cars.

57

We eventually came to a spot recommended to us by someone at the hotel. Fernando. It was a small, odd shaped little cafe called Hollywood Cafe. It was a wonderful place for breakfast!

58

After breakfast we strolled down to Fisherman's Wharf to find the sea lions. Pier 39. They moved into the bay 1989 and have stayed ever since. Before we found them, I saw a great view of Alcatraz Island. (I never made it there. In a nutshell: Had tickets. In line. Almost passed out. Left tickets and line and went back to hotel. That was yesterday.) So, I did get these pictures.

59

Then we saw this island. At least it appeared to be an island. Upon closer inspection, it was a large barge made to look like an island with lighthouse. On this island was a little cafe.

60

Walking out on the pier, I got a couple of pictures of Drew with San Francisco behind him. (I don't know who the man in green is. Photo bomber.)

61

Also some flowers...

62

Then we saw all of these sea lions sunning themselves in the bay. They were loud. They were fun to watch.

63

64

Later in the afternoon we rode to Chinatown! It was amazing. Probably the closest I'll ever come to visiting China. I loved it. Drew had mixed emotions, but toughed it out for me.

65

66

67

68

69

70

71

72

73

74

75

76

77

78

I ran up and down the streets of Chinatown until I couldn't anymore, and we walked back to our hotel. And then there we were at our hotel/DelMonte Cannery.

79

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Created with flickr badge.