Monday, March 31, 2014

San Francisco 2014. Day 2.



We made an amazing discovery. Not on this day, but towards the end of our vacation. The reason I'm mentioning it here is because we had breakfast at a bakery that makes sour dough bread. What could be more perfect?? San Francisco...sour dough bread. I'll tell you what. San Francisco...French bread. Our discovery was we did not like the taste of sour dough! Many years ago I attempted, over and over again, to master sour dough. I knew it relied on naturally occurring bacteria and yeast found in the air. I eventually came to the conclusion that my air did not contain the right bacteria and yeast, and gave up the sour dough endeavour. I had convinced myself that if I had sour dough from San Francisco, I would love it. After tasting the bread at this bakery, I knew I was doing my sour dough right. And I just did not like sour dough bread.

34

Here, the second picture down on the right, is Lombard street. The curvy street. You really can't see the curves for the greenery. But it's there...about 2/3's up the street. The street doesn't end at the greenery. That is the beginning of the curves.

35

Here comes more pictures of the Columbus Tower. Remember I said it was my favorite building? Well, riding the bus towards it, Drew said be sure and get some pictures of that building. Knowing full well that the day before I did, I still took pictures like I never saw it before. So, here is a little tidbit...word has is Francis Ford Coppola wrote the screenplay for The Godfather here.

36.1

36

40

Back to the Golden Gate Bridge. I could not stay off that bridge it seems!

41

But this time we went further past the bridge to Sausalito...a San Francisco Bay Area city in Marin County. It was a quaint little town with cute shops, a beautiful dock and nice places to dine.

42

43

44

45

46

47

This next is a study in fashion. We noticed a flooding of oddly patterned yoga pants. Is it the new thing? All of these pictures were taken in a span of about 20 minutes while waiting on the top of the bus for the night tour.

48

And the night tour begins...

49

One of the only cemeteries in San Francisco. It is a military burial ground. The other cemeteries were moved to a location outside of town...to make more room for the living!

50

51

52

53

The next pictures are the last part of the night tour. The city skyline as seen from across the Bay. The beautiful bridge is the Bay Bridge.

54.1

54

55

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Created with flickr badge.