Sunday, September 28, 2014

New Orleans 2014 - World War II Museum



This day involved a tour of the World War II Museum. I can't say I was overly excited to go, but mildly interested. As it turned out, I'm glad I went. The movie, Beyond All Boundaries, was simply excellent. It has you completely immersed in the story. And the narrator is Tom Hanks. Gave a wonderful background to the war. And I learned so much about a war that I thought I already knew about. So, it was worth the trip and I'm glad we went.

I do have to say that I was fascinated by the details. The daily things that the war involved. Diary's. Candy. Shaving razors. It gave such a human touch to the whole nastiness of war. There was even one strip of a torn flag that a soldier left his station to save. He didn't tell anyone about it till years later.

But I started taking pictures as soon as I woke up. The first photo here was from our hotel window. Most people would say 'yuck', but I loved it! Then I took some pictures on the walk to the museum, and took pictures later that day as we strolled about.

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

11

12

13

14

15

16

17

18

19

20



0 comments :

Post a Comment

Created with flickr badge.